April is National Stress Awareness Month – A perfect time for some R&R.
April is National Stress Awareness Month, a cooperative campaign to inform Americans about the effects of stress on their health, including the health and look of their skin.
Studies show that chronic stress, and even the anticipation of stressful situations, can damage your body’s cells, leading to early aging. It also can contribute to unhealthy lifestyle choices like poor nutrition, inadequate exercise, sleep deprivation, alcohol use and increased dependents upon medications – all of which can sap your skin’s moisture and vitality. And, stress-induced habits such as frowning and furrowing your brow are direct causes of developing fine lines and wrinkles.
To help prevent stress from marring your complexion, adopt effective stress management practices like getting plenty of exercise and adequate rest each day, prioritizing tasks and taking time to relax with activities you enjoy. Also, maintain a daily skincare regimen and wear a high-SPF sunscreen every time you venture outside.
To help remedy or further avoid the damaging effects of stress on your complexion, consider one of these proven aesthetic services:
- Face lift: Face lifts are among the most popular surgical cosmetic procedures, with 128,266 being performed last year, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The procedure brings the fat and underlying tissues to a higher position on the face, smoothing and tightening the skin and significantly improving the look of your cheeks and minimizing the deep folds between the nose and corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds), the jawline and the neck.
- Forehead lift: If you’re not quite ready for a full facelift, a forehead lift may be the right option. This procedure can smooth the forehead skin by raising your eyebrows and minimizing your frown lines.
- Botox: Botox is by far the most common cosmetic procedure, with more than 6.673 million injections performed last year – a 748-percent increase from 2000. It works by temporarily relaxing overactive facial muscles that leave you with frown lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead.
- Chemical peel: Customized formulas help treat acne, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, liver spots and scars, making this non-invasive procedure a top option for all skin types.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these and other cosmetic services to help revitalize, nourish and strengthen your skin. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
Parkway Plastic Surgery
Is offering the following specials until
April 30, 2015
Breast Augmentation Surgery $3,800
(saline implants- first time augmentations only)
- Purchase Botox and Juvederm or Voluma and receive $150 off the total
(while rebates last)
- Purchase Botox, Juvederm and Voluma and receive $250 off the total
(while rebates last)
The more you buy, the more you save!!
Buy one skin care product, get 10% off
Buy two skin care products, get 15% off
Buy three skin care products, get 20% off
Buy four or more skin care products, get 25% off
Free gift with purchase of any Clarisonic Smart Profile unit
Considering breast augmentation? Don’t let misconceptions and misinformation sway your decision.
Breast augmentation is by far the most popular plastic surgery procedure among women. Statistics show that throughout 2013, member physicians of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons performed 290,224 breast augmentation procedures. That figure represents a growth of 37 percent since 2000.
Yet, despite the enduring and growing popularity of breast augmentation, the procedure remains the subject of much misinformation. Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery aims to set the record straight on thesefour common misconceptions that we hear from prospective patients:
- Everyone will know: This depends primarily on the size and type of implants that you choose. Clearly, large implants will look fairly obvious on someone with a very small frame. But a modestly sized implant that complements your body’s natural frame can have very natural-looking results. To help you choose the look that’s best for you, Parkway Plastic Surgery provides a variety of implants that you can visually try out using a bra.
- They’ll feel fake: Breast implant technology has changed and progressed significantly over the decades since the first implants were introduced in 1962. Today’s implants feel incredibly similar to natural breast tissue. Plus, opting to place implants beneath the chest muscle can lend to a softer, more natural feel.
- Silicone implants are unsafe: In 1992, the FDA banned use of silicone breast implants in cosmetic procedures – a response to complaints of ruptures and concerns that they could lead to health problems, including connective-tissue diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. Yet, in years of study afterward, those links were never confirmed and in 2006, the FDA lifted the ban, confirming their safety. Keep in mind that the temporary ban affected only breast augmentations done for cosmetic purposes. Silicone implants continued to be safety and effectively used for reconstructive breast surgery throughout the ban’s span.
- I won’t be able to breastfeed my baby: Having implants will not cause you to unable to breastfeed. However, some women do experience difficulties depending upon how their breast augmentations were performed. If you plan to breastfeed in the future, make sure that you tell your surgeon so that he or she can best plan your incision pattern and treatment.
If you’re considering breast enhancement surgery, don’t be fooled my misinformation. Call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery.