$50 off your purchase of a full syringe of JUVEDERM or VOLUMA facial filler PLUS get a Skin Medica AHA/BHA cream FREE!! (regular price $42.00)
VISIBLE VIBRANCE PACKAGE $479 (valued at $682)
- Skin Medica Lytera Kit
- Skin Media AHA/BHA Cream
- Skin Medica TNS Essential Serum
- 10 units of Botox
BASICS & BEYOND PACKAGE $379 (valued at $572)
- Skin Medica TNS Essential Serum
- Skin Medica Retinol .5%
- Skin Medica AHA/BHA Cream
- Skin Medica Total Defense & Repair
- 10 units of Botox
****If you purchase any specials this month, your botox purchase will be $10/unit****
While breast augmentation surgery remains the number one cosmetic plastic surgery procedure year after year, a growing number of women are going the other direction in their quest for a beautifully proportioned figure. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that 41,309 women underwent breast reduction surgery in 2014.
Among the top reasons that women choose breast reduction procedures are:
- Pain relief: A pair of D-cup breasts can weigh upward of 15 to 23 pounds. The constant, front-heavy weight of large breasts have been linked to multiple physical ailments including back aches, neck pain even migraine headaches and numbness in the fingers.
- Shoulder grooves: Speaking of weight, heavier breasts mean constant downward pressure inside bra cups. This pull can cause bra straps to dig into the wearer’s shoulders causing painful grooves or even cuts to the skin.
- Skin discoloration: Often, the skin in the area where a heavy breast folds over and where a bra sits can, over time, form permanent red or brown marks where blood essentially gets trapped. Also, should a rash or sore form, it can take longer to heal because of the lack of air flow.
- Poor posture: The combination of weight and back or shoulder pain can do a number on a woman’s posture, causing her to hunch forward. This only serves to further worsen middle and upper back and neck pain.
- Sagging breasts: Heavy breasts are more prone to sagging as we age. It’s simply a matter of gravity and it’s not attractive. While a breast lift will help, a breast reduction may also be necessary to restore a youthful look.
- Unwanted attention: It’s no secret that large breasts can attract the attention of less-than-tactful individuals. Many women considering breast reduction list rude or suggestive comments, intrusive looks or unwanted advances among the factors influencing their decisions.
- Clothing assortment: Some forms of clothing, including tank or strapless tops, sundresses and clothing made of delicate fabrics are difficult to wear comfortably with larger, heavier breasts. Smaller, lighter breasts can afford a woman a wider array of fashion options.
- Confidence: A high percentage of women who undergo breast reduction report feeling more confident after their procedures. Often, this clears the way for healthier lifestyles, as women find it easier to exercise and live more active lifestyles.
If your breasts are causing you pain, posture or confidence issues, a breast reduction procedure may help. Call Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
August means the start of a new school year. Whether you’re a college student ready to begin a new semester of studies, a teacher wanting to put your best face forward for your new students or a mom excited for a bit of “me time” once the kids are back in the classroom, a little back-to-school beauty indulgence is in order.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery recommends these non-invasive and minimally-invasive, yet highly effective cosmetic procedures to help refresh your look just in time for the new school year.
- Chemical Peel: One of the most popular cosmetic procedures, the chemical peel involves a customized chemical solution applied to the skin. Once the solution sufficiently penetrates the skin, it’s neutralized and gently removed. Dull, dry skin cells are cleared away, allowing for new skin to grow in its place and lending a smoother, tighter, more vibrant look. Results range from mild to dramatic, depending upon your goals and the type of chemical peel you choose – light, medium or deep.
- Microdermabrasion: In performing microdermabrasion, your aesthetician essentially sprays tiny crystals onto the surface of your skin to exfoliate the thicker, uneven outer layer, revealing younger, healthier skin that had been hiding beneath. It’s effective for treatment of light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, age spots, acne and more.
- Botox or filler: Of all the minimally invasive cosmetic procedures available, Botox and injectable fillers are the undisputable top choices. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that last year, 6.7 million Botox injections and 2.3 million were performed in 2014, topping all others. Botox works to smooth existing wrinkles and prevent the development of new ones by temporarily relaxing expression muscles, particularly on the forehead and around the eyes. Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane add volume and fullness to various areas of the face to smooth wrinkles and fill hollows.
Which option is best for you? Call Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation. We’ll tailor a skin-rejuvenating plan just for you just in time for the coming school year and holiday season.