Beauty routines developed to promote a younger look typically focus on the face and neck. But there’s another feature that can quickly belie your true age – your hands. Here are three top telltale signs of aging hands:
- Age spots: The kicker about age spots is that they’re brought on not necessarily by age, but by frequent or prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. While they most commonly show up on the faces, shoulders, chests and hands of those in their 50s or older, age spots can appear on sun worshippers far younger. Cover all your exposed skin – especially your hands – with a high-SPF moisturizing sunscreen daily and consider a skin resurfacing treatment such as a chemical peel to help even out pigmentation and smooth the skin.
- Crepey, scaly or dry skin: Exposure to the weather; frequent contact with cleaning products and other drying agents, along with sheer time all can do a real number on the health and youthful quality of your hands. Keep them in prime condition by including them in your regular skincare routine and taking top-quality vitamins, like our VitaMedica Age Management.
- Volume loss: As we age, our bodies’ production of collagen and other natural skin-plumping agents slows down. Restore the lost suppleness in your hands with Radiesse, the FDA-approved dermal filler comprised of calcium-based microspheres in a natural gel used for volume restoration and skin rejuvenation. It works instantly to fill hollows and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds, while stimulating your body’s collagen production for long-lasting results.
The best news for your hands? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering a special savings of $50 per syringe of Radiesse, plus additional deals on Botox, Latisse, microdermabrasion and select Obagi treatments throughout March. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule your appointment.
September is a great time to begin gearing up for the holiday season. If you’re already planning party menus, picking out Halloween costumes and shopping for Christmas or Hanukkah gifts, you’re ahead of the game. Just make sure that your look is ready, too.
Here are three top ways to glam up your look for the holiday season:
- A chemical peel: A customized chemical peel can help clear away the signs of sun damage built up over the summer by removing the damaged outer layers of skin and leaving you with a smoother, tighter, more polished complexion. Formulas can be tailored for your particular skin condition and are highly effective for treating acne, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, liver spots and scars. Depending upon the strength of the chemical peel formula you choose downtime may be minimal.
- Microdermabrasion: Another non-invasive way to get a more polished look is microdermabrasion. Your skincare specialist will use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing its thicker, uneven outer layer and revealing newer, younger skin. It’s a top solution for treating light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and even stretch marks. It also helps to boost the body’s natural production of collagen, the protein that helps keep skin firm, smooth and youthful.
- Botox or dermal fillers: Injectables like Botox, which helps to relax overactive facial muscles, and dermal fillers like Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane are among the quickest and most effective ways to smooth wrinkles, plump hollows, erase under-eye circles and minimize the appearance of scars.
Ready to vamp up your holiday look? Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation at Parkway Plastic Surgery.
Cosmetic procedures have made it possible for people everywhere to enhance their looks, achieving smoother skin, slimmer figures and fuller cheeks and lips. But for decades, many of these procedures have been considered the domain of women. Today, men increasingly are opting for these same procedures and enjoying the tailored benefits of a more aesthetic look and a confidence boost.
Among the fastest growing choices for men is lip augmentation. Since 2000, the total year-over-year number of lip enhancements performed has jumped 50 percent across the board, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But among men only, the figure has increased a whopping 404 percent in the same time period. In fact, last year alone, upward of 1,200 men in the US underwent lip enhancement surgery.
For those not sold on surgery, dermal fillers also are a top lip enhancement choice among men and women. Restylane, Radiesse and Juvederm all are popular and highly effective, minimally-invasive options.
While cosmetic procedures have been proven to help men and women achieve the kind of confidence and public perception that benefit them in their careers, relationships and social situations, industry experts also point to the rise of the selfie as a top driving force behind the increasing number of men opting for facial cosmetic procedures that enhance the skin, lips and eyes. As it turns out, men want to put their best faces forward just as much as women do. Male beauty bloggers and vloggers also are increasing in number and influence.
If you’re a male considering lip enhancement or another cosmetic procedure, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery today.