With kids and college students on break, the summer is peak travel time in the US and abroad. While a change of scenery can do a world of good, it does disrupt your daily routine – Great for your psyche, but not always so great for your skin. To help protect your complexion throughout your much deserved excursion, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offer these five tips.
- Mind the climate: Trips to areas with significantly different climates can wreak havoc on your complexion, so it’s critical that you do a little research before setting out on your journey. Drier weather can sap the moisture from your skin, while high humidity can trigger an acne breakout. So, if you’re traveling to an area drier than your own, be sure to pack serums or lightweight moisturizers. And if you’re headed for a more humid locale, pack a cleanser with salicylic acid and a high-quality exfoliator.
- Streamline your routine: Whether you’re driving, flying, traveling by rail or sea, or taking to the trails for an extended hiking trip, it’s likely that taking your full skincare regimen with you will prove difficult. Opt instead for smaller containers of your favorite skincare products or samples of new products. Have you tried Skin Medica? Throughout April, Parkway Plastic Surgery will send you on your way with a travel size Skin Medica Facial Cleanser, Total Defense & Repair and TNS Eye Repair as part of its Skin Medica Peel Package special, which also includes three chemical peels. Just be sure to start using your new skin care products about three days before your departure date so your skin has time to acclimate.
- Keep it healthy: The temptation to throw culinary caution to the wind can be a tough fight while on vacation. Enjoy a splurge at the dinner table here and there, but be sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling. Make use of the hotel gym, make healthy menu choices, drink plenty of water and get adequate rest.
Make sure your skin is travel-ready with a visit to Parkway Plastic Surgery. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
Chemical peels have proven among the most enduringly popular and effective skincare treatments offered by clinics for some 50 years. Among the latest and greatest are Skin Medica’s Vitalize, Rejuvenize and Illuminize peels.
Which is best for you?
- Vitalize: A Vitalize peel is great for treating mild to moderate skin imperfections such as age- or sun exposure-induced fine lines and wrinkles just beginning to form, as well as uneven skin tone and texture often caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes. You’ll notice smoothing results after just one peel and it just gets better with each of three to six peels (administered every three to four weeks) that make up a typical treatment course. Don’t be alarmed if you notice a yellowish tinge to your skin just after a treatment session. It’s normal and will fade within three hours. Mild to moderate redness and peeling will last for a few days or a few weeks, depending upon your skin’s sensitivity level. This peel is safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
- Rejuvenize: If your skin imperfections range from moderate to severe, a Rejuvenize peel may work best for you, particularly if you have lighter skin. While this peel can be performed on dark-skinned patients, those with deeply pigmented skin color may be more prone to slight discoloration. Your physician will be able to determine tolerability before recommending a Rejuvenize peel. Expect mild redness and peeling in the days or weeks following treatments.
- Illuminize: If you’re new to chemical peels or simply looking to achieve an over-all brighter, more radiant appearance to your skin, Skin Medica’s Illuminize peel is a top choice. This peel effectively addresses mild skin perfections in patients of all skin types with just one treatment. Plus, there’s no downtime. Though you may experience mild redness temporarily, it can be covered with makeup and your skin won’t peel.
Now is perfect time to find out just how an expertly administered chemical peel can improve the look and health of your skin. On Thursday, October 29, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering its “Ultimate Peel Deal” special by appointment from 10am-4pm. A $150 deposit will reserve your spot and can be used toward a customized Skin Medica skin care package, which includes a second peel. There are a limited number of spots available, so call 904-396-1186 to reserve yours today. Meanwhile, throughout October enjoy $10-per-unit Botox (bankable for future use) and a free 3-ml tube of Latisse, the foremost treatment for longer, thicker, darker eyelashes, with the purchase of a $149 5-ml tube – a savings of $99.