The New Year is quickly upon us. If a smoother, younger, more vibrant look is on your list of goals for 2017, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery recommends these seven surefire resolutions:
- Kick the habit: Smoking and drinking alcohol rob your skin of essential moisture, leaving it dry, discolored and prematurely wrinkled. Smoking is a double whammy, as it also causes vertical lines above and below the lips to develop.
- Hydrate: Our bodies are comprised of 70 percent water, but that water content decreases with age. That’s why it’s critical that you keep your body hydrated not just for aesthetics but for your health’s sake as well. Drinking plenty of water helps to flush toxins, keep organs functioning properly and keep skin plump and smooth.
- Move: Regular exercise is a great way to not only obtain and maintain a svelte figure, it also helps to keep your skin looking young and possibly even reverse signs of aging already present. One study by Ontario’s McMaster University showed that skin samples of participants in their 40s, 50s and 60s who exercised regularly were consistent in appearance with people in their 20s and 30s.
- Get your Zs: During sleep, your body works to clear itself of toxins, many of which otherwise would contribute to premature aging. Be sure to get at least eight hours of uninterrupted, restorative sleep and wake up to a more rested look and radiant skin.
- Cover up: A top culprit in premature aging is exposure to the sun’s powerful ultraviolet rays – especially in warm, sunny climates like ours here in coastal Florida. Use a high-quality, high-SPF sunblock every time you venture outside.
- Ban stress: Stress is proven to contribute to premature wrinkling, dark under-eye bags and other signs of aging, particularly when experienced at high levels or for extended periods of time. Plus, it can trigger a range of skincare woes including acne, psoriasis and rosacea.
- Pamper yourself: Treat yourself to regular treatments such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion. And adopt a daily skincare routine involving high-quality products that deliver far better results than do discount or department store lines.
Don’t wait until 2017. Call now to begin your journey to a more beautiful you with a consultation at Parkway Plastic Surgery. Reach us at 904-396-1186.
It’s that time again! The close of one year is the perfect opportunity to reflect and reassess multiple facets of your life and to set goals, make plans and implement changes for the year ahead. Topping the vast majority of New Year’s resolution lists is the commitment to get healthier, whether via losing weight, exercising more, eating more nutritiously or simply de-stressing. If you aim for a vibrant new look in 2016, we suggest you begin with your skin.
The best way to step up your skincare routine in the coming year is to learn more about the quality and efficacy of the products you choose. Just like a mechanic’s wrench or an artist’s paintbrush, the skincare tools you use can make real difference in your results. To achieve the best results possible, experts recommend skipping store-bought products and committing instead to a high quality, medical grade skincare regimen. Here’s why:
- Medical grade products, those available only through a dermatologist office or medical spa under the supervision of a physician, have a higher concentration of active ingredients than do products sold over the counter (OTC) at grocery, department and convenience stores or online. The proof is in the list of ingredients printed on product labels. The higher on the list an ingredient appears, the higher its concentration in the finished product. A quick check of ingredient lists on OTC products will reveal that many are made mostly of water or other non-active fillers that do little or nothing for your skin.
- While OTC skincare products are approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat only the uppermost surface layer of the skin, medical grade products are formulated to reach deeper dermal layers, treating various skin conditions at their root.
- Because they’re developed by scientists and physicians, and prescribed or administered by highly trained doctors, nurses and aestheticians who know your unique skincare needs, medical grade skincare products offer you a far higher degree of confidence. They’re backed by proven science and clinical studies that reveal just how effective particular products have been for other patients.
Of course, medical grade products will cost you a bit more than lesser quality OTC options. But your complexion is far more than a physical calling card. In fact, your skin is your body’s largest organ and its first line of defense against environmental toxins. Plus, you’re worth it.
Commit to boosting your skin’s health in 2016. Get a beautiful start to the new year by calling 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery today.