It’s official – Spring has sprung. Time to put away your winter scarves and slip in to a sultry sundress instead. But the rising temperatures means more than a wardrobe change. It’s also time to switch things up in the skincare department. Here’s how…
- Lighten up: During the wintertime, thicker, cream-based cleansers and moisturizers help to create a protective barrier between delicate facial skin and harsh, frigid winds. But when the mercury rises, it’s time to switch to lighter, water-based products that provide just the right amount of protection without clogging pores or feeling heavy.
- Slather on the sunscreen: Many wait until the scorching summertime to get serious about sun protection. But the sun’s dangerous UV rays are just as strong during the milder spring days. As a general rule, never venture outside without first applying a high-SPF sunscreen, no matter the temperature.
- Hydrate: A great moisturizer will hydrate your skin from the outside. But it’s critical that you hydrate from the inside as well. Drink plenty of water and snack on fresh fruits.
- Take your vitamins: Even the healthiest diet may lack certain vitamins and minerals that are highly beneficial to the skin. A top-quality multivitamin taken as directed will help to repair skin damage caused by sun exposure, stress and other factors from the inside. A few essentials are Vitamin C to clear and prevent blemishes, Vitamin B3 to alleviate redness, and Vitamin E to boost moisture.
- Brush up on skincare: Literally. A high-quality facial cleaning brush like those made by Clarisonic can clean your skin far more effectively than simply using your hands or a cloth. The mild brushing action gently exfoliates, firms and brightens skin.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers a range of Clarisonic products, plus the top-recommended VitaMedica nutraceuticals for age management and post-surgery skincare. Our highly experienced physicians and aestheticians also provide an array of professional skincare procedures designed give you a younger, healthier more vibrant look. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
OBAGI Peel Package $199
2 OBAGI Blue Peel Radiance
Travel size OBAGI sunscreen
Save $50 on Botox Treatment for You and a Friend
Bring a new patient to our practice for Botox and you both will receive an instant $50 savings (must be enrolled in the Brilliant Distinctions Program for savings)
Don’t Let Your Hands Give Away Your Age
Save $50 per syringe of Radiesse- the first and only FDA approved product for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the hands. (reg price $650 per 1.5ml syringe)
*********Get a complimentary nail polish with each Radiesse hand treatment********
Save $25 instantly on your purchase of Skin Medica’s HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator provides immediate smoothing in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and supports the skin’s natural ability to replenish its own hyaluronic acid for overall skin health. Immediate hydration improves the appearance of skin texture and roughness. It’s a daily smoothing product that complements dermal filler and injectable treatments that address the deeper lines. (reg price $178)
Second only to the face, hands are the first body part to show significant signs of aging. In fact, many women (and men) who keep their faces looking young via skin treatments, fillers and surgical procedures like facelifts don’t realize that, all the while, their hands prove a telltale feature that belies true age.
Women are particularly prone to aging hands. That’s because menopause causes a drop in levels of estrogen, the hormone that’s key to plump, healthy skin. As estrogen levels diminish, skin on the hands can lose volume, which leads to wrinkling and prominent veins. But that’s not the only factor at play. Here are three additional reasons your hands may look older than you are.
- Dehydration: By adulthood, some 60 percent of our bodies are comprised of water. As we get older, however, our bodies begin to lose lean muscle tissue and the water that the muscle tissue holds. Stress also is a top cause of dehydration, no matter your age. To help alleviate the effects, be sure to drink plenty of water, get adequate rest and keep stress at bay.
- Sun exposure: Nothing saps the moisture from skin like overexposure to the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays. Sun exposure is a top cause of premature wrinkling, thinning and drying of the skin o your hands, plus brown spots and prominent veins. Avoid being in the sun for extended periods of time and, when you do venture outside, cover up and slather on a high-quality, high-SPF sun screen.
- Second-thought skincare: When it comes to skincare, most people think only of their faces. But failing to give the skin on the rest of your body, especially your hands, can make even the best facial skincare all for naught. If you haven’t already, adopt a full-body skincare routine and pay particular attention to caring for your hands.
If you’re seeing the signs of aging in your once-beautiful hands, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help. For more advanced aging, we offer hand rejuvenation via fat grafting. To prevent or keep early signs of aging at bay, we also offer injections of Radiesse, the only FDA-approved product designed to augment the hands, restoring volume loss. And, throughout March, we’re offering a $50-per-syringe special – a steep discount from the regular $650-per-1.5ml syringe cost. Plus, you’ll go home with a complimentary nail polish.
Stop by our Gate Parkway location or call 904-396-1186 to learn more.