A recent poll of 1,000 18- to 50-year-old men and women revealed just how important a great smile is to one’s career, social and love life.
Among the findings:
- 94 percent of survey respondents say they’re likely to notice a person’s smile the first time they meet;
- 75 percent consider great smiles as in important feature when trying to attract the opposite sex;
- 71 percent believe that people with nice smiles have an easier time making friends;
- And 64 percent perceive people with attractive smiles as being more outgoing that others – often a critical consideration in job interviews.
So, how do you achieve and maintain a more beautiful smile? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these tips:
- Moisturize: Use a high-quality lip moisturizer daily and keep a tube with you while out and about. Avoid petroleum-based lip balms and look instead for ingredients such as natural beeswax, almond oil or vitamin E.
- Hydrate: Moisturize from within by drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruits daily.
- Break bad habits: Smoking can do a real number on your lips. Repetitious movement causes tiny vertical lines around the lips, and nicotine can darken or discolor lips. Because caffeine components are known to blacken lip tissue, avoid or minimize your coffee and tea intake.
- Avoid sun exposure: Lips have a very thin layer of skin – far thinner than skin covering other parts of the body. They also have very little melanin, the pigment that helps protect skin tissue against the sun. As a result, lips can burn easily. Plus, sun exposure can negatively impact the production and maintenance of collagen, the naturally occurring protein that helps to keep skin supple.
- Volumize: If your lips are showing signs of aging or sun damage, consider a rejuvenating procedure like Juvederm or Restylane to return lost volume and diminish fine lines surrounding your lips.
Get your lips kissably healthy with a visit to Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
Heading back to class soon? Whether you’re a high school or college student or an educator, you’ll want to put your best face forward. After all, confidence in your looks is proven to help boost over-all confidence and improve your chances for success in school, career and social life. To that end, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers three ways to make sure you’re bringing your beauty A-game.
- Deep Cleansing Treatment: A great start to boosting your beauty routine is with a deep cleansing treatment. This gentle but effective facial will clear your pores of deeply embedded dirt, toxins and dead skin cells, giving your skin a cleaner, more polished look. It also helps to reduce excess sebum. At normal levels, this naturally occurring substance helps to keep the skin tissue moisturized and resilient. But when production goes into overdrive, it can lead to blackheads and acne. A deep cleansing facial will remove the excess sebum and open clogged pores. Plus, clear pores allow for deeper absorption of skin cleansers, toners and moisturizers, making them more effective at skin healing and the reduction of blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion: If your skin’s condition calls for a slightly more aggressive treatment, microdermabrasion may be the right choice. Microdermabrasion involves a customized skin cleansing formula and a minimally abrasive instrument that together gently sand the skin’s surface, removing the thicker, dull, uneven outer layer. It’s highly effective for treating light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and even stretchmarks. Microdermabrasion also helps to boost your skin’s natural production of collagen, the protein that that helps keep skin taught and smooth.
- Botox: By far, the most popular treatment for preventing and correcting signs of aging is Botox. This FDA-approved injectable uses a purified protein that acts as a nerve blocker and helps to relax overactive facial muscles that cause fine lines, wrinkles and deep furrows. Botox smooths and diminishes the appearance of forehead wrinkles, frown lines and crow’s feet, leaving you with a smoother, tighter, younger look.
Make sure your look makes the grade. Call Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a skincare consultation.
Not ready for your treatment? You can bank your Botox for your future visit. Call today for details.
- Microdermabrasion Treatment $95- Buy one get one FREE
- Back Deep Cleansing Treatment $99- Great gift idea for students returning back to school!
All services require appointments
Call 904-396-1186 to schedule.