An abdominoplasty can help give you a slim, flat tummy.
If dieting and sit ups aren’t giving you the slim, flat, tight tummy you’ve been wanting, an abominoplasty may be the answer. Informally known as a “tummy tuck,” this procedure is designed to flatten your stomach by removing extra fat and skin and tightening the muscles in your abdominal wall.
While it’s simple in theory, understand that an abdominoplasty is a major surgery and your decision to undergo one should be carefully thought out. In fact, it should be considered only after you’ve tried other measures and most certainly should not be perceived as an alternative to natural weight loss efforts like working out and eating sensibly.
The best candidates for abdominoplasty are those who are in good overall health. It’s an effective option for formerly obese patients who still have excessive fat deposits or loose skin in the abdominal area, and for mothers whose muscles and skin have been stretched by multiple pregnancies.
Abdominoplasty is not for women who still plan to have children. That’s because during surgery, your vertical muscles are tightened and future pregnancies can separate these muscles. Also, know that even the most precise of surgeries may leave you with permanent scarring.
If you’re considering abdominoplasty, a call to Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery should be your next step. During your initial consultation, which should take about an hour, we’ll go over all questions, concerns and expectations to help decide whether a tummy tuck is the best option for you. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule an appointment.
April is National Stress Awareness Month – A perfect time for some R&R.
April is National Stress Awareness Month, a cooperative campaign to inform Americans about the effects of stress on their health, including the health and look of their skin.
Studies show that chronic stress, and even the anticipation of stressful situations, can damage your body’s cells, leading to early aging. It also can contribute to unhealthy lifestyle choices like poor nutrition, inadequate exercise, sleep deprivation, alcohol use and increased dependents upon medications – all of which can sap your skin’s moisture and vitality. And, stress-induced habits such as frowning and furrowing your brow are direct causes of developing fine lines and wrinkles.
To help prevent stress from marring your complexion, adopt effective stress management practices like getting plenty of exercise and adequate rest each day, prioritizing tasks and taking time to relax with activities you enjoy. Also, maintain a daily skincare regimen and wear a high-SPF sunscreen every time you venture outside.
To help remedy or further avoid the damaging effects of stress on your complexion, consider one of these proven aesthetic services:
- Face lift: Face lifts are among the most popular surgical cosmetic procedures, with 128,266 being performed last year, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The procedure brings the fat and underlying tissues to a higher position on the face, smoothing and tightening the skin and significantly improving the look of your cheeks and minimizing the deep folds between the nose and corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds), the jawline and the neck.
- Forehead lift: If you’re not quite ready for a full facelift, a forehead lift may be the right option. This procedure can smooth the forehead skin by raising your eyebrows and minimizing your frown lines.
- Botox: Botox is by far the most common cosmetic procedure, with more than 6.673 million injections performed last year – a 748-percent increase from 2000. It works by temporarily relaxing overactive facial muscles that leave you with frown lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead.
- Chemical peel: Customized formulas help treat acne, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, liver spots and scars, making this non-invasive procedure a top option for all skin types.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these and other cosmetic services to help revitalize, nourish and strengthen your skin. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
Parkway Plastic Surgery
Is offering the following specials until
April 30, 2015
Breast Augmentation Surgery $3,800
(saline implants- first time augmentations only)
- Purchase Botox and Juvederm or Voluma and receive $150 off the total
(while rebates last)
- Purchase Botox, Juvederm and Voluma and receive $250 off the total
(while rebates last)
The more you buy, the more you save!!
Buy one skin care product, get 10% off
Buy two skin care products, get 15% off
Buy three skin care products, get 20% off
Buy four or more skin care products, get 25% off
Free gift with purchase of any Clarisonic Smart Profile unit