If a smoother, firmer, younger look is on your list of resolutions and goals for 2016, Radiesse can help you achieve it. This minimally invasive treatment not only offers immediate results by plumping hollows and smoothing wrinkles, but it also provides long term results by boosting the body’s production of collagen, the structural protein that forms the connective tissue supporting the skin.
Radiesse is an injectable treatment made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. These calcium microspheres are very similar to minerals that your body produces naturally. The solution lends immediate plumping and smoothing of the skin and stimulates the production of new collagen. Over time, the microspheres and gel are absorbed into the body, giving way to the increased volume of natural collagen.
No other dermal filler currently on the market can boast these calcium-based microspheres or the ability to jumpstart collagen production. Most competing fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm, use hyaluronic acid. While all three are safe and effective, offering immediate results, clinical trials show that Radiesse patients generally were more satisfied with their results. Plus, the ongoing collagen production means that Radiesse results last longer – up to a year, compared to the six months of results enjoyed with hyaluronic acid-based fillers.
Radiesse is highly affective for filling and smoothing of:
- Smile lines: Also known as naolabial folds, these are the lines that run between the corners of the nose and mouth.
- Marionette lines: the lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth.
- Oral commissure: The corners of the mouth that, if naturally turned downward, can appear as as constant frowning.
- Pre-jowl fold: The area on either side of the chin, where loss of facial volume can cause skin to sag over time.
- Chin wrinkles: Horizontal lines that can form on your chin and distract from your smile.
Radiesse is safe for most patients, except those with certain allergies, illnesses, disabilities of the hand or bleeding disorders. If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, it’s best to hold off before opting for Radiesse treatments.
Find out if Radiesse is right for you by scheduling a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery. Call 904-396-1186 today.