When beach season approaches, it’s not just women who begin anxiously working toward a slim, trim physique. Men also want to look their best, as evidenced by the continuous rise of males undergoing cosmetic surgery. Among the top options they’re choosing to get a beach-ready body is male breast reduction.
Statistics show that nearly half of the men in the US experience some degree of gynecomastia, enlarged mail breasts formed by excess fat and glandular tissue. It’s often caused by genetics, hormonal changes during puberty, massive weight loss, or use of certain medications or herbal products and can affect both teenagers and adult men. Fortunately, male breast reduction by an experienced cosmetic surgeon can restore a firmer and more masculine contour to the chest.
Ranking fourth among the top cosmetic surgeries chosen by men in 2015, male breast reductions numbered more than 30,460 – a 26 percent increase over 2014 and a whopping rise of 173 percent since 1997, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The procedure offers near immediate, long-lasting improvements with minimal scarring and most patients return to their daily routines in less than a week.
If gynecomastia has you self-conscious about baring your chest, now is the perfect time to make a change – before the summer season heats up. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery today.
With kids and college students on break, the summer is peak travel time in the US and abroad. While a change of scenery can do a world of good, it does disrupt your daily routine – Great for your psyche, but not always so great for your skin. To help protect your complexion throughout your much deserved excursion, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offer these five tips.
- Mind the climate: Trips to areas with significantly different climates can wreak havoc on your complexion, so it’s critical that you do a little research before setting out on your journey. Drier weather can sap the moisture from your skin, while high humidity can trigger an acne breakout. So, if you’re traveling to an area drier than your own, be sure to pack serums or lightweight moisturizers. And if you’re headed for a more humid locale, pack a cleanser with salicylic acid and a high-quality exfoliator.
- Streamline your routine: Whether you’re driving, flying, traveling by rail or sea, or taking to the trails for an extended hiking trip, it’s likely that taking your full skincare regimen with you will prove difficult. Opt instead for smaller containers of your favorite skincare products or samples of new products. Have you tried Skin Medica? Throughout April, Parkway Plastic Surgery will send you on your way with a travel size Skin Medica Facial Cleanser, Total Defense & Repair and TNS Eye Repair as part of its Skin Medica Peel Package special, which also includes three chemical peels. Just be sure to start using your new skin care products about three days before your departure date so your skin has time to acclimate.
- Keep it healthy: The temptation to throw culinary caution to the wind can be a tough fight while on vacation. Enjoy a splurge at the dinner table here and there, but be sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling. Make use of the hotel gym, make healthy menu choices, drink plenty of water and get adequate rest.
Make sure your skin is travel-ready with a visit to Parkway Plastic Surgery. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
It’s official – Spring has sprung. Time to put away your winter scarves and slip in to a sultry sundress instead. But the rising temperatures means more than a wardrobe change. It’s also time to switch things up in the skincare department. Here’s how…
- Lighten up: During the wintertime, thicker, cream-based cleansers and moisturizers help to create a protective barrier between delicate facial skin and harsh, frigid winds. But when the mercury rises, it’s time to switch to lighter, water-based products that provide just the right amount of protection without clogging pores or feeling heavy.
- Slather on the sunscreen: Many wait until the scorching summertime to get serious about sun protection. But the sun’s dangerous UV rays are just as strong during the milder spring days. As a general rule, never venture outside without first applying a high-SPF sunscreen, no matter the temperature.
- Hydrate: A great moisturizer will hydrate your skin from the outside. But it’s critical that you hydrate from the inside as well. Drink plenty of water and snack on fresh fruits.
- Take your vitamins: Even the healthiest diet may lack certain vitamins and minerals that are highly beneficial to the skin. A top-quality multivitamin taken as directed will help to repair skin damage caused by sun exposure, stress and other factors from the inside. A few essentials are Vitamin C to clear and prevent blemishes, Vitamin B3 to alleviate redness, and Vitamin E to boost moisture.
- Brush up on skincare: Literally. A high-quality facial cleaning brush like those made by Clarisonic can clean your skin far more effectively than simply using your hands or a cloth. The mild brushing action gently exfoliates, firms and brightens skin.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers a range of Clarisonic products, plus the top-recommended VitaMedica nutraceuticals for age management and post-surgery skincare. Our highly experienced physicians and aestheticians also provide an array of professional skincare procedures designed give you a younger, healthier more vibrant look. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.