Beautiful eyes and a great smile are among the first facial features noticed by the opposite sex. But when it comes to self-awareness, many people find themselves fixated on the centermost feature – the nose. In fact, statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that some 217,000 people in the United States underwent nose reshaping procedures in 2014, making it the second most common cosmetic surgery that year.
Among the top reasons for undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure are:
- Repairing a broken nose: Contact sports, falls and automobile accidents are among the top causes of a broken or fractured nose. This can leave one with a crooked appearance and trouble breathing.
- Correcting a breathing issue: If you snore loudly, suffer chronic sinus infections or frequently have trouble breathing, a deviated septum or other nasal deformity may be to blame.
- Minimizing the signs of aging: As you age, gravity can affect the appearance of your nose in much the same way it causes your cheeks to sag, eyelids to hood and skin beneath the chin to loosen. It can pull the tissue of the nose downward, causing the tip to droop and take on a bulbous look. Also, as facial volume depletes and your cheeks lose definition, you nose may appear bigger.
- Self-esteem boost: Results of multiple studies show that that surgery enhancing the shape and size of the nose can an help improve self-esteem. Such a confidence boost can go a long way in improving one’s quality of life.
If you’re considering nose reshaping surgery, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist at Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery.
Among the most exciting advances in the field of beauty is KYBELLA, an injectable prescription medication developed to improve the appearance and profile of submental fat below the chin, commonly referred to as a “double chin.” Approved by the FDA in April, KYBELLA uses deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your skin, KYBELLA dissolves existing fat cells and prohibits the accumulation and storage of new fat. The result is a smoother, shapelier, younger-looking profile.
Good candidates for KYBELLA are healthy individuals who want to get rid of submental fat under the chin but don’t want to undergo surgery and are willing to wait a bit for results. A typical treatment regimen involves up to six treatments spaced four to six weeks apart and can cost upward of $1,500 per treatment session.
You’ll want to delay KYBELLA treatments if you:
- Have an infection in the treatment area;
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin;
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin;
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area;
- Have had or have trouble swallowing;
- Have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, as it’s not yet if KYBELLA will harm an unborn baby;
- Or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, as it’s not yet known if KYBELLA passes into breast milk.
If you’re considering KYBELLA, it’s critical that you share all applicable medical history, as well as your goals and expectations for the procedure, with your physician. To find out if KYBELLA is right for you, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery.
Among the most envied feature of model and celebrity looks is a strong, defined chin line. For those with a bit of extra fat below the chin, often referred to as a “double chin,” a new solution has arrived – and it has nothing to do with turtleneck tops or fashion scarves.
Introducing KYBELLA, an injectable prescription medication made by Allergan, a leading pharmaceutical company, and designed to improve the appearance and profile of submental fat below the chin. Its active ingredient is deoxycholic acid, a molecule that your body produces naturally and that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your skin, KYBELLA actually dissolves fat cells and prohibits the accumulation and storage of new fat in that area.
KYBELLA was approved by the FDA in April, after more than 20 clinical trials that involved upward of 5,000 patients. A typical treatment consists of a series of 12 to 20 injections and, depending upon the severity of your case, your doctor may recommend multiple treatment sessions spaced a month apart to achieve your desired look.
Side effects typically are minimal and include temporary swelling, bruising, numbness, pain, and redness or hardness around the treatment area. Rare but serious side effects can include trouble swallowing or nerve injury in the jaw that can cause facial muscle weakness or an uneven smile. That’s why it’s crucial that you undergo KYBELLA treatments administered only by a highly trained and experienced medical professional.
To find out how KYBELA can help give you a stronger, smoother, sexier profile call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery today.