August means the start of a new school year. Whether you’re a college student ready to begin a new semester of studies, a teacher wanting to put your best face forward for your new students or a mom excited for a bit of “me time” once the kids are back in the classroom, a little back-to-school beauty indulgence is in order.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery recommends these non-invasive and minimally-invasive, yet highly effective cosmetic procedures to help refresh your look just in time for the new school year.
- Chemical Peel: One of the most popular cosmetic procedures, the chemical peel involves a customized chemical solution applied to the skin. Once the solution sufficiently penetrates the skin, it’s neutralized and gently removed. Dull, dry skin cells are cleared away, allowing for new skin to grow in its place and lending a smoother, tighter, more vibrant look. Results range from mild to dramatic, depending upon your goals and the type of chemical peel you choose – light, medium or deep.
- Microdermabrasion: In performing microdermabrasion, your aesthetician essentially sprays tiny crystals onto the surface of your skin to exfoliate the thicker, uneven outer layer, revealing younger, healthier skin that had been hiding beneath. It’s effective for treatment of light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, age spots, acne and more.
- Botox or filler: Of all the minimally invasive cosmetic procedures available, Botox and injectable fillers are the undisputable top choices. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that last year, 6.7 million Botox injections and 2.3 million were performed in 2014, topping all others. Botox works to smooth existing wrinkles and prevent the development of new ones by temporarily relaxing expression muscles, particularly on the forehead and around the eyes. Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane add volume and fullness to various areas of the face to smooth wrinkles and fill hollows.
Which option is best for you? Call Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation. We’ll tailor a skin-rejuvenating plan just for you just in time for the coming school year and holiday season.
April is National Stress Awareness Month – A perfect time for some R&R.
April is National Stress Awareness Month, a cooperative campaign to inform Americans about the effects of stress on their health, including the health and look of their skin.
Studies show that chronic stress, and even the anticipation of stressful situations, can damage your body’s cells, leading to early aging. It also can contribute to unhealthy lifestyle choices like poor nutrition, inadequate exercise, sleep deprivation, alcohol use and increased dependents upon medications – all of which can sap your skin’s moisture and vitality. And, stress-induced habits such as frowning and furrowing your brow are direct causes of developing fine lines and wrinkles.
To help prevent stress from marring your complexion, adopt effective stress management practices like getting plenty of exercise and adequate rest each day, prioritizing tasks and taking time to relax with activities you enjoy. Also, maintain a daily skincare regimen and wear a high-SPF sunscreen every time you venture outside.
To help remedy or further avoid the damaging effects of stress on your complexion, consider one of these proven aesthetic services:
- Face lift: Face lifts are among the most popular surgical cosmetic procedures, with 128,266 being performed last year, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The procedure brings the fat and underlying tissues to a higher position on the face, smoothing and tightening the skin and significantly improving the look of your cheeks and minimizing the deep folds between the nose and corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds), the jawline and the neck.
- Forehead lift: If you’re not quite ready for a full facelift, a forehead lift may be the right option. This procedure can smooth the forehead skin by raising your eyebrows and minimizing your frown lines.
- Botox: Botox is by far the most common cosmetic procedure, with more than 6.673 million injections performed last year – a 748-percent increase from 2000. It works by temporarily relaxing overactive facial muscles that leave you with frown lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead.
- Chemical peel: Customized formulas help treat acne, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, liver spots and scars, making this non-invasive procedure a top option for all skin types.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these and other cosmetic services to help revitalize, nourish and strengthen your skin. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
Valentine’s Day is a great time for a beauty boost.
This month is all about romance, beauty and a bit of glam. Give yourself a Valentine’s Day gift that will keep giving back to you long after February 14 has passed.
- Botox: By far the most popular and trusted injectable, Botox was administered some 6.3 million times to patients nationwide in 2013 – and with good reason. Made from one of nature’s most potent nerve blockers, this purified protein is expertly administered to help relax those overactive facial muscles that leave you with frown lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. In no time, you’ll see a smoother, tighter, more youthful complexion.
- Juvederm: This cosmetic filler also is made of a natural protein. Hyaluronic acid, often called “nature’s moisturizer,” is part of your cell wall. It binds with water molecules and acts as a lubricant and cushion for your body’s tissues and joints. With hyaluronic acid as an active ingredient, Juvederm returns youthful volume to the lines around the mouth, particularly those “marionette” lines (nasolabial fold) that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth. In minutes, you’ll restore years to your smile.
- Lastisse: Batting one’s eyelashes is a universally flirtatious gesture. And when your lashes are long, full and gorgeous, that flirty message is all the more impactful. Enter Latisse, the only prescription solution proven to grow lashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.
Valentine’s Day is a great time to treat yourself. But you don’t need a holiday for a deserved beauty boost. Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help you achieve a healthier, younger more vibrant look any day of the year. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.