Join Parkway Plastic Surgery for a Valentine’s Day party.
Valentine’s Day is a celebration of romantic love and beauty. Its roots are traced back to ancient times when, as the story goes, Saint Valentine of Rome was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry. And the day became more deeply associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
So what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a day of love, beauty and pampering just for you? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is hosting a day-long Valentine’s Party next Thursday, February 12 from 8am-4:30pm. Among the party perks:
- Botox injections at just $10 per unit (24-unit minimum) and the ability to bank your Botox for future services by calling in or stopping by to prepay.
- Facial Glow treatments for $99. Indulge in the decadent scent of chocolate while our aesthetician pampers your skin with a combination of Clarisonic cleansing, Skin Medica treatments and microdermabrasion. You’ll leave loving your tighter, brighter, smoother skin.
- Complimentary consults with Skin Medica and Botox representatives who will fill you in on the best anti-aging products and treatments for your skin.
- Chocolates, roses and gift bags for all who sign up for services, plus the chance to win gift baskets filled with Botox, Juvederm and Skin Medica products.
It all happens at our Parkway Plastic Surgery location at 5101-2 Gate Parkway. Specials are available only during the event, and you’ll need to schedule appointments for services. Call 904-396-1186 today to secure your spot.
From all of us here at Parkway Plastic Surgery, have a happy, beautiful and loving Valentine’s Day.
More than 6.3 million Botox injections were performed nationwide last year.
Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that some 6.3 million Botox injections were administered to patients nationwide in 2013. This figure reflects a 700-percent increase since 2000. Despite the numbers that prove Botox a highly effective, safe and popular option for smoother, tighter, younger looking skin, a myriad of myths and misconceptions persists. Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery sets the record straight on three of the most common:
- Botox freezes your face, rendering it expressionless: This arguably is the most persistent and least valid claim. To the contrary, Botox does not freeze your muscles. Rather, it simply relaxes them. To allow muscles to contract, your nerves release a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine at the junction where the nerve endings meet muscle cells. Acetylcholine attaches to muscle cell receptors, causing them to contract or shorten. Injected Botox works to hinder this chemical release, reducing abnormal contraction and allowing the muscle to remain relaxed and less stiff. You’re still able to express a full range of emotions, but the typical resulting crease is diminished.
- Botox is a dangerous toxin: Formally known as botulinum toxin type A, Botox is indeed toxic in large amounts. But the amount of purified and diluted Botox approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in cosmetic procedures is extremely minimal – not nearly enough to be problematic. In fact, Botox also is medically prescribed to treat a range of conditions from muscle spasms to chronic migraines.
- Botox is addictive: Botox has no chemically addictive qualities. Patients who love their Botox results return regularly. But once they stop, their skin and muscles return to their baseline condition. In fact, studies show that regular and responsible use of Botox actually enhances patients’ psychological well-being.
Don’t let baseless myths and misconceptions rob you of a younger, healthier and more vibrant look. Call Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
More men are opting for plastic surgery and other cosmetic procedures.
Those who undergo plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures primarily are women. And while they’re far behind in number, and likely always will be, men increasingly are opting for the same aesthetic and youth-preserving procedures that women undergo every day. In fact, statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that men account for 13 percent of the total number of surgical cosmetic procedures and eight percent of the minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in 2013.
The top five surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures among men last year were:
- Rhinoplasty, 57,391
- Eyelid surgery, 30,398
- Liposuction, 23,558
- Breast reduction, 22,939
- Facelift, 12,699
Nonsurgical cosmetic procedures
- Botox, 385,358
- Laser hair removal, 190,546
- Microdermabrasion, 178,410
- Dermal fillers, 95,361
- Chemical peel, 94,625
So why are men flocking to plastic surgeons and aesthetic specialists nationwide? A top reason is recent economic troubles that have made competition for good jobs tougher. Mature men often feel at a disadvantage vying for positions and promotions against much younger competitors, particularly as older workers are putting off retirement. Cosmetic procedures that help shave years off their looks can help level the playing field for older men.
Another reason is that today’s Americans are far more health conscious and physically active than in generations before. As a result, not only are they living longer, but they’re feeling younger than their true age. Cosmetic procedures help both men and women to look as young and vibrant as they feel. Finally, changing attitudes have made undergoing cosmetic surgery and aesthetic procedures far more socially acceptable than in the past.
If you’re a male considering a cosmetic procedure, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery should be your next call. Contact us at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.