Valentine’s Day is here! Celebrate all month long by making a commitment – to yourself! Show your complexion some love by making and keeping a promise to adopt a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, exercise daily and get adequate rest. And if you really mean it, why not splurge a little? After all, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is making it easy to declare your love for your skin with special deals lasting throughout the month.
- Facial fillers: Save $100 instantly on your purchase of Juvederm, Voluma or Volbella, all developed to add or restore youthful plumpness to hollow or aged areas of the face including the lips, eyes and cheeks.
- Latisse: Get long, thick, flirty lashes with this highly effective, FDA-approved lash growth formula. Buy a 5ml Latisse kit and get a $20 instant rebate.
- Skin Medica Skincare: Skip less effective drug store options in favor of proven skincare products by Skin Medica. You’ll save 20 percent off your purchase of Skin Medica’s TNS Essential Serum, a complex mixture of peptides, antioxidants and other anti-aging ingredients developed to smooth wrinkles, strengthen sagging skin and regenerate skin cells for a more youthful appearance; HA5, a blend of five types of hydrators and humectants that draw moisture from the air and deliver it to areas of your skin that need it most, smoothing furrows, lines and wrinkles and softening rough textures; or Lytera, a skin brightening complex that corrects and helps prevent further hyperpigmentation of the skin caused by age, sun exposure and other environmental factors.
- Botox: Stop by on Tuesday, February 14 for $10-per-unit Botox injections plus raffles, roses, sweet treats and take-home gift bags.
For more information or to schedule your skincare consultation, call Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186.
Parkway Pampering Peel $99.00
Sit back and relax while we pamper your skin. Our Aesthetician will use a combination of medical grade products designed to correct all signs of aging skin. Be prepared for tighter, smoother and brighter skin. Expect that youthful glow you’ve always desired.
Save $100 instantly with your purchase of any of the following fillers: Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella
Purchase a 5ml Latisse kit and get a $20 instant rebate
Skin Medica Skincare Specials
Save 20% off your entire Skin Medica purchase when you buy one of the following Skin Medica products:
TNS Essential Serum
Save 10% off your purchase if it excludes any of these products.
Join us for our Valentine’s Event on Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
*Botox $10/unit *Raffles *Sweet Treats *Gift Bags *Roses
If you’ve got a bit of extra fat beneath your chin, giving you that unwanted “waddle”, there’s good news. A new injectable treatment called Kybella can literally melt that fat away, destroying fat cells and assuring they won’t return. As with any new treatment, questions abound. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about Kybella that we here at Parkway Plastic Surgery hear from our clients.
- How does Kybella work and how safe is it? According to the US Food and Drug Administration, Kybella is identical to something your body makes called deoxycholic acid. This naturally occurring acid helps to absorb fats. Similarly, Kybella works by destroying fat cells when injected properly. After multiple rounds of clinical studies yielding positive results, Kybella was approved by the FDA in 2015. Clinical researchers and FDA officials assure that Kybella is safe when administered correctly by a licensed dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon.
- How many rounds of Kybella treatments will I need? The answer will vary according to the amount of fat present and your desired goal. However, most patients will need a series of 12-20 injections per visit, and two to three total visits, spaced a month apart. Those with more severe cases may require up to 50 injections in a single treatment, and up to six treatment sessions. Each treatment takes about 15 minutes to a half-hour.
- How soon will I see results and how long will they last? That, too depends upon the severity of your case, though most patients report seeing positive results in two to four treatments. Before approving the drug, the FDA examined results of two US trials that included more than 1,000 people. More than 80 percent of trial subjects who received the drug said they noticed some improvement in their chin fat, while those who got the drug more often saw less fat under the chin.
- What are the potential side effects of Kybella? The most common and expected side effects include bruising, swelling, pain, numbness, and small, firm areas around the injection sites. A possible, though rare serious side effect is an injury to the marginal mandibular nerve, which helps control facial expressions, causing an off-balance smile. This likely happens when shots are given too close to this nerve. In trials including more than 5,000 people, this side effect happened in just four percent of patients and eventually disappeared in all of them, according to a FDA advisory panel report.
- Could the drug help destroy fat cells in other areas of the body? Clinical research shows that Kybella works best on small, targeted areas. That’s why it’s currently approved only for the chin area.
Find out if Kybella is right for you with a call to Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186.