Beauty routines developed to promote a younger look typically focus on the face and neck. But there’s another feature that can quickly belie your true age – your hands. Here are three top telltale signs of aging hands:
- Age spots: The kicker about age spots is that they’re brought on not necessarily by age, but by frequent or prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. While they most commonly show up on the faces, shoulders, chests and hands of those in their 50s or older, age spots can appear on sun worshippers far younger. Cover all your exposed skin – especially your hands – with a high-SPF moisturizing sunscreen daily and consider a skin resurfacing treatment such as a chemical peel to help even out pigmentation and smooth the skin.
- Crepey, scaly or dry skin: Exposure to the weather; frequent contact with cleaning products and other drying agents, along with sheer time all can do a real number on the health and youthful quality of your hands. Keep them in prime condition by including them in your regular skincare routine and taking top-quality vitamins, like our VitaMedica Age Management.
- Volume loss: As we age, our bodies’ production of collagen and other natural skin-plumping agents slows down. Restore the lost suppleness in your hands with Radiesse, the FDA-approved dermal filler comprised of calcium-based microspheres in a natural gel used for volume restoration and skin rejuvenation. It works instantly to fill hollows and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds, while stimulating your body’s collagen production for long-lasting results.
The best news for your hands? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering a special savings of $50 per syringe of Radiesse, plus additional deals on Botox, Latisse, microdermabrasion and select Obagi treatments throughout March. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule your appointment.
OBAGI Peel Deal $125
- 1 OBAGI Blue Peel Radiance
- 1 Microdermabrasion Treatment
Save on Botox Treatment NOW & LATER
Purchase any skin care product and save $50 off your Botox treatment this month & $50 off your next Botox treatment (must be enrolled in the Brilliant Distinctions Program for savings- last Botox treatment must have been at least 90 days ago)
Radiesse Facial and Hands Filler
Save $50 per syringe of Radiesse- FDA approved dermal filler for face & hands to correct volume loss (reg price $650 per 1.5ml syringe)
Save 20% on your purchase of Obagi’s Nu-derm System
Transform your skin with the #1 physician-dispensed skin care system that helps correct and improve visible signs of skin aging
Buy one 5ml Latisse kit, save $20 instantly
Buy two 5ml Latisse kits, get a free 3ml Latisse kit ($129 value)
Multiple studies have proven that a great smile is key to making a lasting, positive first impression. So, when those telltale lip lines begin to emerge, it’s time to do something about them.
The first step in keeping your lips healthy, plump and youthful is to understand just what causes lip lines to form in the first place. Topping the list of culprits are:
- Sipping through a straw: If you drink with a straw daily, know that the repetitive pursing motion of the lips can result in permanent creases and lines around the mouth. Ditch the straw and drink from a wide-mouthed cup or glass instead.
- Smoking: As with drinking from a straw, puffing on a cigarette also requires those line-inducing repetitive pursing motions. But smoking packs a double whammy to the look and health of your smile. That’s because smoking has a drying effect on the skin that accelerates the formation of wrinkles and loss of skin tone, not to mention a yellowing of teeth. Smile lines are just one of many reasons to break the habit.
- Sun exposure: Spending too much time in the sun exposes your skin to UV radiation – another factor that damages collagen and elastin in the skin. Limit your time outside and always wear a high-SPF sunscreen, even on cool days.
- Chronic dehydration: Failing to drink plenty of water or juice each day can cause our lips to dry out and form lines. But your cosmetics may also be to blame. Lip products that contain waxes, wax derivatives, petroleum or other barrier ingredients help to seal moisture into the lips, at least initially. But after prolonged periods and buildup, they also can work against you, instead barring moisture from entering the lips.
- Age: As we age, our skin loses collagen and elastin, two major components of youthful skin that give it a smooth, plump appearance. Drinking plenty of water and eating collagen-boosting foods like lean proteins, dark-hued vegetables and citrus fruits will help ward off lip lines and other age-induced wrinkles.
If you’re already seeing unsightly lip lines form, there’s good news. Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help reverse the signs of aging and damage, restoring a smooth, plump, youthful smile with customized Juvederm or Restylane treatments. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule your consultation.