OBAGI Peel Package $199
2 OBAGI Blue Peel Radiance
Travel size OBAGI sunscreen
Save $50 on Botox Treatment for You and a Friend
Bring a new patient to our practice for Botox and you both will receive an instant $50 savings (must be enrolled in the Brilliant Distinctions Program for savings)
Don’t Let Your Hands Give Away Your Age
Save $50 per syringe of Radiesse- the first and only FDA approved product for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the hands. (reg price $650 per 1.5ml syringe)
*********Get a complimentary nail polish with each Radiesse hand treatment********
Save $25 instantly on your purchase of Skin Medica’s HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator provides immediate smoothing in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and supports the skin’s natural ability to replenish its own hyaluronic acid for overall skin health. Immediate hydration improves the appearance of skin texture and roughness. It’s a daily smoothing product that complements dermal filler and injectable treatments that address the deeper lines. (reg price $178)
Second only to the face, hands are the first body part to show significant signs of aging. In fact, many women (and men) who keep their faces looking young via skin treatments, fillers and surgical procedures like facelifts don’t realize that, all the while, their hands prove a telltale feature that belies true age.
Women are particularly prone to aging hands. That’s because menopause causes a drop in levels of estrogen, the hormone that’s key to plump, healthy skin. As estrogen levels diminish, skin on the hands can lose volume, which leads to wrinkling and prominent veins. But that’s not the only factor at play. Here are three additional reasons your hands may look older than you are.
- Dehydration: By adulthood, some 60 percent of our bodies are comprised of water. As we get older, however, our bodies begin to lose lean muscle tissue and the water that the muscle tissue holds. Stress also is a top cause of dehydration, no matter your age. To help alleviate the effects, be sure to drink plenty of water, get adequate rest and keep stress at bay.
- Sun exposure: Nothing saps the moisture from skin like overexposure to the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays. Sun exposure is a top cause of premature wrinkling, thinning and drying of the skin o your hands, plus brown spots and prominent veins. Avoid being in the sun for extended periods of time and, when you do venture outside, cover up and slather on a high-quality, high-SPF sun screen.
- Second-thought skincare: When it comes to skincare, most people think only of their faces. But failing to give the skin on the rest of your body, especially your hands, can make even the best facial skincare all for naught. If you haven’t already, adopt a full-body skincare routine and pay particular attention to caring for your hands.
If you’re seeing the signs of aging in your once-beautiful hands, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help. For more advanced aging, we offer hand rejuvenation via fat grafting. To prevent or keep early signs of aging at bay, we also offer injections of Radiesse, the only FDA-approved product designed to augment the hands, restoring volume loss. And, throughout March, we’re offering a $50-per-syringe special – a steep discount from the regular $650-per-1.5ml syringe cost. Plus, you’ll go home with a complimentary nail polish.
Stop by our Gate Parkway location or call 904-396-1186 to learn more.
We’ve all been told that a primary key to beautiful, healthy skin is to “moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!” Truth be told, it’s not moisturization that truly makes a difference, but hydration. That’s exactly what you’ll get with SkinMedica’s new HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator.
Simply put, moisturization is the process of making skin FEEL hydrated, while hydration results in an actual increase in the water level in the skin. That’s what truly helps to keep skin plump, firm and smooth, combating the signs of aging.
In this amazing serum’s name, HA stands for hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring, gel-like fluid in the skin that serves to lubricate the body’s tissue and bind cells together. The 5 refers to the serum’s proprietary mix of five HA forms proven to best smooth the skin, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. These include:
- Time Release HA, a proprietary ingredient that ensures sustained release of hyaluronic acid throughout the day;
- Sodium Hyaluronate for immediate hydration;
- Uncross-Linked HA for smoothness and hydration;
- Nano HA for further smoothing of the skin;
- Cross-Linked HA for for long-lasting hydration of the skin that continues for up to eight hours.
SkinMedica’s HA5 works by supporting your skin’s natural ability to replenish its own hyaluronic acid throughout the day, holding in moisture and boosting the skin’s resiliency. That’s critical because as we age, our bodies’ ability to produce hyaluronic acid diminishes. In fact, during your 40s, your skin will have lost half of the HA it held at age 20.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers an array of SkinMedica products, plus a range of skin treatments designed to give you smoother, firmer, younger-looking skin. Stop by our Gate Parkway location or call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.