Beautiful eyes and a great smile are among the first facial features noticed by the opposite sex. But when it comes to self-awareness, many people find themselves fixated on the centermost feature – the nose. In fact, statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that some 217,000 people in the United States underwent nose reshaping procedures in 2014, making it the second most common cosmetic surgery that year.
Among the top reasons for undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure are:
- Repairing a broken nose: Contact sports, falls and automobile accidents are among the top causes of a broken or fractured nose. This can leave one with a crooked appearance and trouble breathing.
- Correcting a breathing issue: If you snore loudly, suffer chronic sinus infections or frequently have trouble breathing, a deviated septum or other nasal deformity may be to blame.
- Minimizing the signs of aging: As you age, gravity can affect the appearance of your nose in much the same way it causes your cheeks to sag, eyelids to hood and skin beneath the chin to loosen. It can pull the tissue of the nose downward, causing the tip to droop and take on a bulbous look. Also, as facial volume depletes and your cheeks lose definition, you nose may appear bigger.
- Self-esteem boost: Results of multiple studies show that that surgery enhancing the shape and size of the nose can an help improve self-esteem. Such a confidence boost can go a long way in improving one’s quality of life.
If you’re considering nose reshaping surgery, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist at Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery.
Parkway Plastic Surgery
Enjoy these saving until December 31st
*$50 off any full syringe of facial filler: Juvederm, Radiesse or Voluma
* All Skin Medica & Obagi skin care products are 20% off!!!!
*Free gift with purchase of any Clarisonic Pro unit
*Receive a FREE 3ml Latisse when you purchase a 5ml Latisse (mail in rebate- while rebates last!)
*DEFY GRAVITY PACKAGE $1,600: Includes 1 syringe of Juvederm & 2 syringes of Voluma (save $550 with this package)
*Microdermabrasion treatment $75 (reg price $95)
*Vitalize Facial Peel Package $375 : Includes 3 Vitalize peels complimented with 3 Microdermabrasion treatments & travel size skin care products
*Purchase Botox $11/unit & receive a $25 credit to use towards your skin care product purchase the same day of your Botox treatment ($25 credit for full size products only)
*Get DOUBLE Brilliant Distinction Points with Botox treatment (call for details)
Appointments are required for services. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule
Among the most exciting advances in the field of beauty is KYBELLA, an injectable prescription medication developed to improve the appearance and profile of submental fat below the chin, commonly referred to as a “double chin.” Approved by the FDA in April, KYBELLA uses deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your skin, KYBELLA dissolves existing fat cells and prohibits the accumulation and storage of new fat. The result is a smoother, shapelier, younger-looking profile.
Good candidates for KYBELLA are healthy individuals who want to get rid of submental fat under the chin but don’t want to undergo surgery and are willing to wait a bit for results. A typical treatment regimen involves up to six treatments spaced four to six weeks apart and can cost upward of $1,500 per treatment session.
You’ll want to delay KYBELLA treatments if you:
- Have an infection in the treatment area;
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin;
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin;
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area;
- Have had or have trouble swallowing;
- Have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, as it’s not yet if KYBELLA will harm an unborn baby;
- Or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, as it’s not yet known if KYBELLA passes into breast milk.
If you’re considering KYBELLA, it’s critical that you share all applicable medical history, as well as your goals and expectations for the procedure, with your physician. To find out if KYBELLA is right for you, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation with Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery.