The childbearing and nursing years are behind them and menopause hasn’t yet hit. That’s the sweetspot of time wherein women increasingly are choosing to finally go for a certain confidence-boosting procedure they’ve likely been considering for years. Cosmetic surgeons nationwide say they’re seeing an increase in women over 40 opting for breast enhancing procedures including breast augmentations and lifts. If you’re among them, here’s what you need to know.
- You’re certainly not alone: Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that women over 40 rank the second highest for breast augmentations. Of the more than 279,100 breast augmentations performed in 2015, 80,668 were for women over 40, second only to women in their 30s (103,738).
- Breast augmentations won’t affect your mammogram: A top concern of women in their 40s is the increased risk of breast cancer. Rest assured, that breast implants won’t interfere with having mammograms, particularly if you opt for implants to be placed under the muscle. However, you should always let your mammography technician know that you have implants before the imaging process starts. This allows the technician to tailor the procedure the procedure accordingly.
- You’re smarter about it today: Younger patients often have unrealistic expectations of just how a breast augmentation will make them look and feel. By their 40s, however, women have a better understanding of their own reasons (typically age-related volume loss) for and limitations of this and other procedures to help them feel confident. They know that true confidence starts within – cosmetic work simply helps build on that already strong base of self-esteem.
If you’re considering breast enhancement, no matter your age, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
Have you ever wondered about the origin of the “June bride” tradition? It’s traced to an ancient Roman festival that celebrated the deity Juno and his wife Jupiter, revered as the goddess of marriage and childbirth, and was held on June 1. By the Victorian age, the tradition continued in large part because fresh flowers were plentiful both for wedding décor and for the decidedly more urgent purpose of masking body odor. Keep in mind that only the wealthy bathed daily during the Gibson Girl days.
Thankfully, much has changed in the century since. Today’s brides and their attendants have an abundance of skincare and aesthetic options to assure a gorgeous glow on their big day. Whether you’ll be walking the aisle as the betrothed, a bridesmaid or a wedding guest, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these services for a beautiful look:
- Chemical peels: Here in sunny coastal Florida, days lounging in the sun are commonplace. But hours of sun exposure can do a number on your skin. A chemical peel employs a chemical solution to remove damaged outer layers of skin, leaving behind a smoother, tighter, younger looking complexion. Depending upon the condition of your skin and your goals, an AHA, TCA or Phenol peel can be perfectly tailored just for you.
- Botox: Planning a wedding can be stressful, no doubt. To help assure that stress-induced wrinkles and fine lines give way to a purely blissful look, Botox is a fast-working and highly effective option. This purified, injectable protein targets facial wrinkles and frown lines, blocking nerve reactions and relaxing overactive muscles that can cause a tired, stressed or older look. Instead, you’ll look blissfully, breezily, not-a-care-in-the-world happy – just as it should be on a wedding day.
- Hand rejuvenation with fat grafting: If you’re the bride, no doubt your hands will be front and center, showing off your new sparklies in many of your cherished photos. Make sure your hands are picture-perfect with our hand rejuvenation procedure that harvests fat cells from other spots on your body and places them in to the hollows of your hands. The result is smoother, healthier, younger-looking hands.
And remember – These services aren’t just for brides. They’re great for grooms, too. Call 904-396-1186 and let Parkway Plastic Surgery help prepare you for your special day.