September is a great time to begin gearing up for the holiday season. If you’re already planning party menus, picking out Halloween costumes and shopping for Christmas or Hanukkah gifts, you’re ahead of the game. Just make sure that your look is ready, too.
Here are three top ways to glam up your look for the holiday season:
- A chemical peel: A customized chemical peel can help clear away the signs of sun damage built up over the summer by removing the damaged outer layers of skin and leaving you with a smoother, tighter, more polished complexion. Formulas can be tailored for your particular skin condition and are highly effective for treating acne, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, liver spots and scars. Depending upon the strength of the chemical peel formula you choose downtime may be minimal.
- Microdermabrasion: Another non-invasive way to get a more polished look is microdermabrasion. Your skincare specialist will use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing its thicker, uneven outer layer and revealing newer, younger skin. It’s a top solution for treating light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and even stretch marks. It also helps to boost the body’s natural production of collagen, the protein that helps keep skin firm, smooth and youthful.
- Botox or dermal fillers: Injectables like Botox, which helps to relax overactive facial muscles, and dermal fillers like Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane are among the quickest and most effective ways to smooth wrinkles, plump hollows, erase under-eye circles and minimize the appearance of scars.
Ready to vamp up your holiday look? Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation at Parkway Plastic Surgery.
It’s been a top concern of women considering saline or silicone breast implants from the time they were first available – What happens if an implant ruptures or leaks?
The bad news is that ruptures and leaks do happen. Falls or car accidents can cause ruptures; unintended creases can weaken the surface of an implant and, in saline implants, valves can become unplugged or obstructed by tissue growth, causing leaks; and implants of both types can simply weaken with age, which is why plastic surgeons typically recommend replacing implants every 10 years.
But there’s good news. Despite scare tactics and misinformation, ruptures and leaks are statistically rare and generally harmless if addressed quickly and effectively. Because silicone is a relatively solid substance, the contents most often remain inside the shell even in the case of a break. With time, ruptured silicone breast implants can cause soreness, pain or inflamed tissue and change the contour or shape of the breast. However, contrary to persistent rumors, silicone breast ruptures or leaks have not been linked with breast cancer, reproductive problems or connective tissue disease.
In the case of a saline implant break, the breast will flatten quickly and the body will simply absorb the salt water. If not noticed and treated relatively quickly, soreness or infection can occur. But such cases are rare and easily treatable.
If you’re considering undergoing breast augmentation for the first time, or if your breast implants are more than 10 years old, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help determine the best approach to ensure a beautiful look and safe, long-lasting results. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
A recent poll of 1,000 18- to 50-year-old men and women revealed just how important a great smile is to one’s career, social and love life.
Among the findings:
- 94 percent of survey respondents say they’re likely to notice a person’s smile the first time they meet;
- 75 percent consider great smiles as in important feature when trying to attract the opposite sex;
- 71 percent believe that people with nice smiles have an easier time making friends;
- And 64 percent perceive people with attractive smiles as being more outgoing that others – often a critical consideration in job interviews.
So, how do you achieve and maintain a more beautiful smile? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these tips:
- Moisturize: Use a high-quality lip moisturizer daily and keep a tube with you while out and about. Avoid petroleum-based lip balms and look instead for ingredients such as natural beeswax, almond oil or vitamin E.
- Hydrate: Moisturize from within by drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruits daily.
- Break bad habits: Smoking can do a real number on your lips. Repetitious movement causes tiny vertical lines around the lips, and nicotine can darken or discolor lips. Because caffeine components are known to blacken lip tissue, avoid or minimize your coffee and tea intake.
- Avoid sun exposure: Lips have a very thin layer of skin – far thinner than skin covering other parts of the body. They also have very little melanin, the pigment that helps protect skin tissue against the sun. As a result, lips can burn easily. Plus, sun exposure can negatively impact the production and maintenance of collagen, the naturally occurring protein that helps to keep skin supple.
- Volumize: If your lips are showing signs of aging or sun damage, consider a rejuvenating procedure like Juvederm or Restylane to return lost volume and diminish fine lines surrounding your lips.
Get your lips kissably healthy with a visit to Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.