Have you ever wondered about the origin of the “June bride” tradition? It’s traced to an ancient Roman festival that celebrated the deity Juno and his wife Jupiter, revered as the goddess of marriage and childbirth, and was held on June 1. By the Victorian age, the tradition continued in large part because fresh flowers were plentiful both for wedding décor and for the decidedly more urgent purpose of masking body odor. Keep in mind that only the wealthy bathed daily during the Gibson Girl days.
Thankfully, much has changed in the century since. Today’s brides and their attendants have an abundance of skincare and aesthetic options to assure a gorgeous glow on their big day. Whether you’ll be walking the aisle as the betrothed, a bridesmaid or a wedding guest, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these services for a beautiful look:
- Chemical peels: Here in sunny coastal Florida, days lounging in the sun are commonplace. But hours of sun exposure can do a number on your skin. A chemical peel employs a chemical solution to remove damaged outer layers of skin, leaving behind a smoother, tighter, younger looking complexion. Depending upon the condition of your skin and your goals, an AHA, TCA or Phenol peel can be perfectly tailored just for you.
- Botox: Planning a wedding can be stressful, no doubt. To help assure that stress-induced wrinkles and fine lines give way to a purely blissful look, Botox is a fast-working and highly effective option. This purified, injectable protein targets facial wrinkles and frown lines, blocking nerve reactions and relaxing overactive muscles that can cause a tired, stressed or older look. Instead, you’ll look blissfully, breezily, not-a-care-in-the-world happy – just as it should be on a wedding day.
- Hand rejuvenation with fat grafting: If you’re the bride, no doubt your hands will be front and center, showing off your new sparklies in many of your cherished photos. Make sure your hands are picture-perfect with our hand rejuvenation procedure that harvests fat cells from other spots on your body and places them in to the hollows of your hands. The result is smoother, healthier, younger-looking hands.
And remember – These services aren’t just for brides. They’re great for grooms, too. Call 904-396-1186 and let Parkway Plastic Surgery help prepare you for your special day.
Chemical peels have proven among the most enduringly popular and effective skincare treatments offered by clinics for some 50 years. Among the latest and greatest are Skin Medica’s Vitalize, Rejuvenize and Illuminize peels.
Which is best for you?
- Vitalize: A Vitalize peel is great for treating mild to moderate skin imperfections such as age- or sun exposure-induced fine lines and wrinkles just beginning to form, as well as uneven skin tone and texture often caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes. You’ll notice smoothing results after just one peel and it just gets better with each of three to six peels (administered every three to four weeks) that make up a typical treatment course. Don’t be alarmed if you notice a yellowish tinge to your skin just after a treatment session. It’s normal and will fade within three hours. Mild to moderate redness and peeling will last for a few days or a few weeks, depending upon your skin’s sensitivity level. This peel is safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
- Rejuvenize: If your skin imperfections range from moderate to severe, a Rejuvenize peel may work best for you, particularly if you have lighter skin. While this peel can be performed on dark-skinned patients, those with deeply pigmented skin color may be more prone to slight discoloration. Your physician will be able to determine tolerability before recommending a Rejuvenize peel. Expect mild redness and peeling in the days or weeks following treatments.
- Illuminize: If you’re new to chemical peels or simply looking to achieve an over-all brighter, more radiant appearance to your skin, Skin Medica’s Illuminize peel is a top choice. This peel effectively addresses mild skin perfections in patients of all skin types with just one treatment. Plus, there’s no downtime. Though you may experience mild redness temporarily, it can be covered with makeup and your skin won’t peel.
Now is perfect time to find out just how an expertly administered chemical peel can improve the look and health of your skin. On Thursday, October 29, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering its “Ultimate Peel Deal” special by appointment from 10am-4pm. A $150 deposit will reserve your spot and can be used toward a customized Skin Medica skin care package, which includes a second peel. There are a limited number of spots available, so call 904-396-1186 to reserve yours today. Meanwhile, throughout October enjoy $10-per-unit Botox (bankable for future use) and a free 3-ml tube of Latisse, the foremost treatment for longer, thicker, darker eyelashes, with the purchase of a $149 5-ml tube – a savings of $99.
August means the start of a new school year. Whether you’re a college student ready to begin a new semester of studies, a teacher wanting to put your best face forward for your new students or a mom excited for a bit of “me time” once the kids are back in the classroom, a little back-to-school beauty indulgence is in order.
Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery recommends these non-invasive and minimally-invasive, yet highly effective cosmetic procedures to help refresh your look just in time for the new school year.
- Chemical Peel: One of the most popular cosmetic procedures, the chemical peel involves a customized chemical solution applied to the skin. Once the solution sufficiently penetrates the skin, it’s neutralized and gently removed. Dull, dry skin cells are cleared away, allowing for new skin to grow in its place and lending a smoother, tighter, more vibrant look. Results range from mild to dramatic, depending upon your goals and the type of chemical peel you choose – light, medium or deep.
- Microdermabrasion: In performing microdermabrasion, your aesthetician essentially sprays tiny crystals onto the surface of your skin to exfoliate the thicker, uneven outer layer, revealing younger, healthier skin that had been hiding beneath. It’s effective for treatment of light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, age spots, acne and more.
- Botox or filler: Of all the minimally invasive cosmetic procedures available, Botox and injectable fillers are the undisputable top choices. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that last year, 6.7 million Botox injections and 2.3 million were performed in 2014, topping all others. Botox works to smooth existing wrinkles and prevent the development of new ones by temporarily relaxing expression muscles, particularly on the forehead and around the eyes. Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane add volume and fullness to various areas of the face to smooth wrinkles and fill hollows.
Which option is best for you? Call Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation. We’ll tailor a skin-rejuvenating plan just for you just in time for the coming school year and holiday season.