Breast augmentations are top surgical cosmetic procedure, with more than 286,254 performed in 2014. But an augmentation isn’t always the optimal choice, depending upon the condition of our breasts and your desired outcome. Though less common, breast lifts also can be an effective choice.
Here’s how to choose whether a breast augmentation, breast lift or a combination of the two is the best option for you.
Choose breast augmentation alone if:
- Your breast drooping is mild.
- Your nipples remain near the center of your breast but do not point downward.
- You have visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at your breasts straight on.
- You want to increase your breast size by at least one cup size.
Choose a breast lift if:
- Your breast drooping is moderate or severe.
- Your nipples are at the bottom of your breasts or they point downward.
- You have no visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at your breasts straight on.
- You’re already a C or D cup and do not want to increase your cup size.
- You want to reduce your areola.
Choose a combination of the two procedures if:
- You want to increase your breast cup size and reduce drooping.
- You want to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound.
- Your breast drooping is severe.
If you’re considering a breast procedure, call 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation at Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery. Our board certified surgeons will go over all the considerations involved to help assure you’ll make just the right choice for your new look.