Beauty routines developed to promote a younger look typically focus on the face and neck. But there’s another feature that can quickly belie your true age – your hands. Here are three top telltale signs of aging hands:
- Age spots: The kicker about age spots is that they’re brought on not necessarily by age, but by frequent or prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. While they most commonly show up on the faces, shoulders, chests and hands of those in their 50s or older, age spots can appear on sun worshippers far younger. Cover all your exposed skin – especially your hands – with a high-SPF moisturizing sunscreen daily and consider a skin resurfacing treatment such as a chemical peel to help even out pigmentation and smooth the skin.
- Crepey, scaly or dry skin: Exposure to the weather; frequent contact with cleaning products and other drying agents, along with sheer time all can do a real number on the health and youthful quality of your hands. Keep them in prime condition by including them in your regular skincare routine and taking top-quality vitamins, like our VitaMedica Age Management.
- Volume loss: As we age, our bodies’ production of collagen and other natural skin-plumping agents slows down. Restore the lost suppleness in your hands with Radiesse, the FDA-approved dermal filler comprised of calcium-based microspheres in a natural gel used for volume restoration and skin rejuvenation. It works instantly to fill hollows and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds, while stimulating your body’s collagen production for long-lasting results.
The best news for your hands? Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering a special savings of $50 per syringe of Radiesse, plus additional deals on Botox, Latisse, microdermabrasion and select Obagi treatments throughout March. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule your appointment.
OBAGI Peel Deal $125
- 1 OBAGI Blue Peel Radiance
- 1 Microdermabrasion Treatment
Save on Botox Treatment NOW & LATER
Purchase any skin care product and save $50 off your Botox treatment this month & $50 off your next Botox treatment (must be enrolled in the Brilliant Distinctions Program for savings- last Botox treatment must have been at least 90 days ago)
Radiesse Facial and Hands Filler
Save $50 per syringe of Radiesse- FDA approved dermal filler for face & hands to correct volume loss (reg price $650 per 1.5ml syringe)
Save 20% on your purchase of Obagi’s Nu-derm System
Transform your skin with the #1 physician-dispensed skin care system that helps correct and improve visible signs of skin aging
Buy one 5ml Latisse kit, save $20 instantly
Buy two 5ml Latisse kits, get a free 3ml Latisse kit ($129 value)
Valentine’s Day is here! Celebrate all month long by making a commitment – to yourself! Show your complexion some love by making and keeping a promise to adopt a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, exercise daily and get adequate rest. And if you really mean it, why not splurge a little? After all, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is making it easy to declare your love for your skin with special deals lasting throughout the month.
- Facial fillers: Save $100 instantly on your purchase of Juvederm, Voluma or Volbella, all developed to add or restore youthful plumpness to hollow or aged areas of the face including the lips, eyes and cheeks.
- Latisse: Get long, thick, flirty lashes with this highly effective, FDA-approved lash growth formula. Buy a 5ml Latisse kit and get a $20 instant rebate.
- Skin Medica Skincare: Skip less effective drug store options in favor of proven skincare products by Skin Medica. You’ll save 20 percent off your purchase of Skin Medica’s TNS Essential Serum, a complex mixture of peptides, antioxidants and other anti-aging ingredients developed to smooth wrinkles, strengthen sagging skin and regenerate skin cells for a more youthful appearance; HA5, a blend of five types of hydrators and humectants that draw moisture from the air and deliver it to areas of your skin that need it most, smoothing furrows, lines and wrinkles and softening rough textures; or Lytera, a skin brightening complex that corrects and helps prevent further hyperpigmentation of the skin caused by age, sun exposure and other environmental factors.
- Botox: Stop by on Tuesday, February 14 for $10-per-unit Botox injections plus raffles, roses, sweet treats and take-home gift bags.
For more information or to schedule your skincare consultation, call Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186.