More men are opting for plastic surgery and other cosmetic procedures.
Those who undergo plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures primarily are women. And while they’re far behind in number, and likely always will be, men increasingly are opting for the same aesthetic and youth-preserving procedures that women undergo every day. In fact, statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that men account for 13 percent of the total number of surgical cosmetic procedures and eight percent of the minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in 2013.
The top five surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures among men last year were:
- Rhinoplasty, 57,391
- Eyelid surgery, 30,398
- Liposuction, 23,558
- Breast reduction, 22,939
- Facelift, 12,699
Nonsurgical cosmetic procedures
- Botox, 385,358
- Laser hair removal, 190,546
- Microdermabrasion, 178,410
- Dermal fillers, 95,361
- Chemical peel, 94,625
So why are men flocking to plastic surgeons and aesthetic specialists nationwide? A top reason is recent economic troubles that have made competition for good jobs tougher. Mature men often feel at a disadvantage vying for positions and promotions against much younger competitors, particularly as older workers are putting off retirement. Cosmetic procedures that help shave years off their looks can help level the playing field for older men.
Another reason is that today’s Americans are far more health conscious and physically active than in generations before. As a result, not only are they living longer, but they’re feeling younger than their true age. Cosmetic procedures help both men and women to look as young and vibrant as they feel. Finally, changing attitudes have made undergoing cosmetic surgery and aesthetic procedures far more socially acceptable than in the past.
If you’re a male considering a cosmetic procedure, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery should be your next call. Contact us at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
The cool winter weather means you’ll need to tweak your skincare routine.
As the fall season heads into winter and the temperatures drop, your skin can change – and it ain’t pretty. Dry, flaky, even cracked or bleeding skin all are potential effects of the cold, dry and windy weather. That’s why when the seasons change, so too should your skincare routine.
Parkway Plastic Surgery offers these tips for beautiful and healthy wintertime skin…
- Humidify: Cranking up the heater in your home or office will help nix the chill and create a bit of coziness. But it also can dry out your skin. Humidifiers help to return beneficial moisture to the air around you. Purchase several humidifiers and place them in the rooms where you spend the most time. .
- Moisturize: A lot! Opt for a high-quality oil-based moisturizer, as they’re a bit heavier and more protective than the water-based products recommended for warm weather.
- Wear sunscreen: Many make the mistake of believing that sunscreen is only necessary during the summertime. Not so. While your time in the sunshine may be limited, it only takes a short time for sun- exposure damage to start. And, if your winter travels take you to snowy regions, know that snow reflects 80 percent of the sun’s light right back onto your skin.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids, and eat oil-rich foods like salmon and avocado to help keep your body hydrated. Avoid sugary foods and drinks and limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Pamper yourself: Regular facials can help keep your skin smooth, supple and protected.
Parkway Plastic Surgery in Jacksonville offers a selection of top-shelf skincare products designed to keep your skin protected and looking radiant during the cool winter season. And if you’re looking for beauty boost just in time for all those holiday season celebrations, we offer a range of surgical and aesthetic procedures. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
The Clarisonic line of skincare brushes are proven far more effective at cleansing your skin than using your hands.
Gadgets marketed with the promise to make your skin smoother, brighter and more beautiful are a dime a dozen. Truth be told, many are far more effective at clearing your bank account than clearing your complexion, and it’s tough to know which products really will deliver what their packaging promises. That’s why Parkway Plastic Surgery only carries the most trusted and proven skincare products. And among our favorites is the Clarisonic skincare brush.
Created by the makers of the game-changing Sonicare toothbrush, the Clarisonic line of skincare brushes has proven a game changer, too. Designers of these devices revolutionized skincare by harnessing the power of sonic frequencies drive oscillation (directional movement of the Clarisonic brush heads) between 200 to 350 movements per second, working with skin’s natural elasticity to beautifully transform your skin’s texture and appearance. Originally developed for skincare professionals to use in treatment, then tailored to meet consumer demand, Clarisonic skincare brushes boomed in popularity, becoming the top cleansing brush recommended by leading dermatologists, aestheticians and spa professionals.
- Clinical studies show Clarisonic brushes remove 30 times more pollutants from your skin than cleansing with your hands;
- Clinical studies also show that using Clarisonic allows for 61 percent greater absorption of Vitamin C (a highly potent antioxidant used in many top-quality skincare products) after use;
- 94 percent of consumers report softer skin and 90 percent report more radiant skin after using Clarisonic.
Amp up your skincare routine with a Clarisonic skincare brush. Pick up yours at Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery, conveniently located on Gate Parkway on the Southside. Call 904-396-1186 to find out more.