Chemical peels have proven among the most enduringly popular and effective skincare treatments offered by clinics for some 50 years. Among the latest and greatest are Skin Medica’s Vitalize, Rejuvenize and Illuminize peels.
Which is best for you?
- Vitalize: A Vitalize peel is great for treating mild to moderate skin imperfections such as age- or sun exposure-induced fine lines and wrinkles just beginning to form, as well as uneven skin tone and texture often caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes. You’ll notice smoothing results after just one peel and it just gets better with each of three to six peels (administered every three to four weeks) that make up a typical treatment course. Don’t be alarmed if you notice a yellowish tinge to your skin just after a treatment session. It’s normal and will fade within three hours. Mild to moderate redness and peeling will last for a few days or a few weeks, depending upon your skin’s sensitivity level. This peel is safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
- Rejuvenize: If your skin imperfections range from moderate to severe, a Rejuvenize peel may work best for you, particularly if you have lighter skin. While this peel can be performed on dark-skinned patients, those with deeply pigmented skin color may be more prone to slight discoloration. Your physician will be able to determine tolerability before recommending a Rejuvenize peel. Expect mild redness and peeling in the days or weeks following treatments.
- Illuminize: If you’re new to chemical peels or simply looking to achieve an over-all brighter, more radiant appearance to your skin, Skin Medica’s Illuminize peel is a top choice. This peel effectively addresses mild skin perfections in patients of all skin types with just one treatment. Plus, there’s no downtime. Though you may experience mild redness temporarily, it can be covered with makeup and your skin won’t peel.
Now is perfect time to find out just how an expertly administered chemical peel can improve the look and health of your skin. On Thursday, October 29, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery is offering its “Ultimate Peel Deal” special by appointment from 10am-4pm. A $150 deposit will reserve your spot and can be used toward a customized Skin Medica skin care package, which includes a second peel. There are a limited number of spots available, so call 904-396-1186 to reserve yours today. Meanwhile, throughout October enjoy $10-per-unit Botox (bankable for future use) and a free 3-ml tube of Latisse, the foremost treatment for longer, thicker, darker eyelashes, with the purchase of a $149 5-ml tube – a savings of $99.
Blepharoplasty, more commonly known as eyelid surgery, is among the most popular cosmetic procedures chosen by both women and men. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ 2014 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, 206,509 eyelid surgery procedures were performed last year alone. In fact, it ranked fourth among the top surgeries performed in 2014, topped only by breast augmentation, nose reshaping and liposuction procedures.
While the most common reason for undergoing eyelid surgery likely is to achieve a younger look, benefits can go far beyond aesthetics. Here are the top benefits patients report:
- No more bags: Blepharoplasty can reduce or remove those loose skin “bags” that appear just under your eyes as you age or as a result of prolonged stress or lack of sleep. The result is a younger, less tired look.
- Improved vision: Puffy, drooping eyelids can actually block a portion of your vision if they hang low enough over the upper edge of your eyelid. Surgery can remove the excess skin, leaving you with a tighter, firmer, minimized lid that will have you seeing more clearly.
- Wrinkle reduction: While eyelid surgery won’t completely eliminate deep wrinkles around the eyes, it can smooth those fine surface wrinkles that can belie your true age or make you look older than you are.
- Confidence boost: Expertly performed eyelid surgery lends a more youthful, healthy, rested and less stressed look that can prove a significant confidence and self-esteem boost.
One survey of 1,000 men and 1,000 women revealed that the eyes were the first feature noticed in the opposite sex by both men and women. In fact, a full 70 percent of men said it’s a woman’s eyes that catch their gaze before any other physical feature.
If your eyes are making you look older than you feel, eyelid surgery may be the answer. Call Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.
Long considered the domain of women, cosmetic surgery has been gaining serious ground among men over the past decade. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that male patients underwent 204,611 plastic surgery procedures in 2014 – a figure that represents 13 percent of the total 1,568,714 performed throughout the year.
Topping the list of cosmetic surgeries most requested by men last year are:
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) – 54,680
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) – 29,402
- Breast reduction (gynecomastia) – 26,175
- Liposuction – 24,327
- Face lift (rhytidectomy) – 11,851
While most male patients choosing plastic surgery are older men looking to turn back time, so to speak, younger men increasingly are opting for procedures aimed at staving off the signs of aging before they take hold. Also popular among men are less invasive options including Botox and chemical peels.
If you’re a man looking to boost your skin’s health and improve your overall look, Jacksonville’s Parkway can help. Call 904-396-1186 to find out how we can help you look as young as you feel.