Unsure about conventional liposuction? SAFELipo may be the answer you’re looking for.
For decades, liposuction has been a go-to option for the removal of excess fat in multiple areas of the body including the abdomen and hips, inner and outer thigh, arms and neck. While still the gold standard of body contouring, conventional liposuction procedures can prove a bit much for some people. That’s why a new and increasingly popular option called SAFELipo is gaining ground.
With conventional liposuction, a typical patient misses a week of work and experiences soreness for up to two weeks. Tenderness and some level of swelling can last as long as six months, and patients are instructed to wear a pressure garment for approximately six weeks after a liposuction procedure – a potentially uncomfortable prospect here in hot, humid Northeast Florida.
Also, consider that liposuction procedures that use lasers, radiofrequency or ultrasound work by killing fat cells with excessive heat. If the procedure isn’t performed with the utmost care, the heat can damage the delicate blood vessels, support structures and skin that surround the targeted fat cells. This can result in scarring, dermal adhesion and skin that appears tethered with an uneven surface.
Enter SAFELipo, developed specifically for corrective liposuction procedures in the early 2000s, and gaining popularity as a safe and highly effective standalone procedure. SAFELipo works by loosening, emulsifying and separating out the unwanted fat cells; gently removing them; then equalizing the remaining thin fat layer without generating heat. This helps to protect valuable blood vessels, skin and other tissues from damage, ensuring a smoother, tighter and more natural looking result.
If you’re considering a body contouring procedure or are unhappy with results of a conventional liposuction procedure performed by another physician, Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery can help. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation.
More men are turning to Botox for a younger, healthier, more competitive look.
They’re calling it “Brotox.” But it’s the same Botox treatment that for years has been considered the domain of women. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, of the nearly 6.5 million Botox procedures performed in 2013, men got about six percent. But since 2000, that number has skyrocketed 310 percent. Parkway Plastic Surgery reveals the top three reasons that male patients request Botox and other cosmetic procedures.
- Competition: Research shows that job candidates with more youthful looks are deemed more employable, land higher salaries and are more likely to be promoted. As the economy continues on a slow road to recovery, unemployment remains an issue and more employees are delaying retirement, remaining competitive in the job market is a growing concern.
- Change of perceptions: The Baby Boomer generation is hitting age 65 at the rate of 10,000 people a day. The sheer numbers alone mean more potential buyers of any product or service on the market today. Plus, consider that Boomers grew up during a period of rapid social change that offered ever-broadening possibilities. Thus, they expect – and get – more choice in how they live, play and age. This includes a growing acceptance of cosmetic treatments and procedures for both women and men.
- Feeling is believing: In large part because of the Internet and heightened access to medical information, today’s consumers are more health-savvy than ever before. They’re eating better, exercising and remaining active longer than prior generations. And, they simply want to look as good as they feel. Botox helps make that happen.
If you’re curious about Botox and how it can help improve your looks, confidence and competitiveness, call Jacksonville’s Parkway Plastic Surgery at 904-396-1186 and schedule a consultation today.
Join us for our Summer Event Thursday, June 11th from 8am-4pm
Botox will be $10/unit
Can’t make it to the event? Call us the day of the event and BANK YOUR BOTOX for future use at $10/unit
We will be serving Kilwin’s Ice Cream and other refreshing treats. Bring a friend and come learn about our products and services.
Enter in raffles for Skin Medica products, Botox & Juvederm.
Specials for the month of June
- 20% savings on all Skin Medica products
- Summer Starter Package $119- Includes a Latisse (3ml), Skin Medica Rejuenative Toner, Skin Medica Purifying Foaming Wash & Skin Medica Sunscreen SPF30 **package valued at $223
- Skin Medica Peel Package $399- Includes 3 Skin Medica chemical peels & a Skin Medica Ceramide Cream ***package valued at $516
- Defy Gravity Package $1600- Includes 2 Voluma facial fillers & 1 Juvederm facial filler (save $550 with this package)
- Defy Lines Package $999- Includes 2 Juvederm facial fillers & a Skin Medica Dermal Repair (save $225 with this package)