Parkway Plastic Surgery
Obagi lunch and learn
When: Thursday, august 28, 2014
Time: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Where: Parkway Plastic Surgery
Details: get your skin back in shape from the summer sun damage. Our obagi representative, misty maple, will be explaining how obagi products can transform your skin into a more youthful, glowing and wrinkle free appearance. If you are already using obagi products, this is a great time to learn how to maintain your results or to get a refresher on the products and your regimen.
- A $25 rsvp deposit is required to save your spot, which will be credited towards your obagi skin care product purchase on the event day.
- Each attendee will receive a free obagi travel size product and an entry into our raffle for free obagi products.
- Major discounts will be offered on obagi products purchased on event day.
- Space is limited so call and rsvp today!!!!
Specials for the month of august
- Purchase an obagi blue peel radiance and receive a complimentary microdermabrasion session ($75 value)
Back by popular demand………
Defy gravity package $1,600
2 syringes of voluma xc
1 syringe of juvederm
(savings of $550 with this package)
All services require an appointment. Please call 904-396-1186 to schedule
A survey shows that 70 percent of men notice a woman’s eyes first.
A recent survey confirmed something we here at Parkway Plastic Surgery suspected all along – when it comes to attraction, the eyes have it. Researchers conducting the survey questioned 1,000 men about the first features they notice on women they consider attractive.
The results shows that a full 70 percent of guys say they notice a woman’s eyes before any other physical trait. In second place was a woman’s smile, which can play into her eyes, as well. To help make sure your eyes have that fetching quality, we’ve got three solutions: -
- Eyelid surgery: Drooping upper eyelids and puffy bags beneath the eyes can add years to your look, making you look significantly older, or simply tired. Expertly performed eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, can enliven your look by removing or redistributing fat pockets, excess skin and muscle tissue surrounding your eyes. Expression muscles (those used when expressing emotions) can strengthened to smooth muscles and add tone.
- Botox: Frown lines between the eyebrows and crow’s feet around the eyes can leave you looking tired, stressed or even angry, not to mention aged. A top solution is Botox© Cosmetic, an FDA-approved injectable that relaxes facial muscles, limiting their ability to over-emote. This leaves you with a smoother, younger, refreshed look.
- Latisse: Batting your eyelashes is a whole lot more effective when they’re long, full and gorgeous. That’s easy with Latisse, a prescription solution that has proven highly effective for millions of women. In clinical studies, participants reported that their eyelashes became 18 percent darker, 25 percent longer and 106 percent fuller.
Make sure your eyes are telling the story you want to tell – that of a youthful, vibrant and healthy woman. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation with Parkway Plastic Surgery today.
Make sure you look great in your summertime sun dresses with spider vein treatment by Parkway Plastic Surgery.
We’re at the height of the summer season here in Northeast Florida, and you’re no doubt looking to rock that new sultry new swimsuit or sweet sundress. But if you’re not mindful of skincare, you just may see your chic new look go wrong. That’s because exposure to the sun’s damaging UV rays can cause more than sunburn – it also can lead to spider veins.
Sun exposure can weaken the skin’s upper layers, depleting its moisture and diminishing its elasticity. As a result, the skin and the veins just below its surface aren’t able to move and bend normally. When veins are unable to move properly, normal blood flow is impacted. Rather than being pumped back up to the heart, blood simply pools backward, creating spider veins.
Spider veins can develop anywhere on the body, but they’re most commonly associated with the legs, particularly the upper thigh, below the knee joint and around the ankles. They also commonly develop on the face, generally around the nose, cheeks and chin. Besides the sun, other factors that can boost your risk of developing spider veins include:
- Age: Spider veins can appear at any age, but most commonly begin between the ages of 18 and 35, peaking between 50 and 60.
- Gender: Sorry, ladies. While men aren’t immune to spider veins, the condition is far more prevalent in women – four to one.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, your hormones are in overdrive and this can weaken vein walls. Also, your blood volume increases dramatically. This puts pressure on your veins and causes their valves to malfunction, which can then cause blood to pool inside the veins. Then, in later stages of pregnancy, your enlarged uterus can press against your veins and cause them to dilate and blood to pool.
- Occupational and lifestyle choices: If your job forces you to sit or stand for long periods of time, or you’re simply a couch potato at home, the weight of blood continuously pressing against closed valves can cause them to fail.
To avoid varicose veins, maintain a healthy weight, adopt a nutritious diet, exercise regularly and be sun smart. Wear a high SPF sunblock every time you go outside, particularly on your face and legs.
Already seeing signs of spider veins developing on your legs? Parkway Plastic Surgery can help with a procedure called sclerotherapy. This highly effective treatment involves your surgeon injecting a sclerosing agent into your dilated valves, causing them to collapse and ultimately disappear. Call 904-396-1186 to schedule a consultation today.